Barnsley Means Business
Sponsorship of a Start-Up or Early Stage Business - approx £5,000 per annum per business.
This is an individual sponsorship, and allows sponsors to choose the business(es) that they would wish to sponsor and support. It could be a business that could contribute to the supply chain of the sponsor; it could be a business working on new technology that would enhance the sponsor’s business; it could be a business that just excites the sponsor, and would benefit from the sponsor’s mentoring skills.
Working alongside an established and successful business will give an early stage business validity, credibility and perhaps greater trust in the marketplace, alongside the practical advice and guidance from a mentor that has more business experience.
Early stage businesses tend to have an ear to the ground, be more innovative, respond faster, be more creative, be more daring, and larger business sponsors will hopefully learn from the relationship as well.
The BBIC would market this opportunity within the Yorkshire area, and ask start-up or early stage businesses to submit applications. These would be reviewed with sponsors, and shortlisted applicants would be requested to submit their outline business plans and be invited to present their business cases to a panel of sponsors and BBIC staff.
A successful applicant would offered free office space at the BBIC of up to 500 sq ft for twelve months, and be mentored by staff of the Sponsor and the BBIC Management team. The business would also benefit from the extensive contacts and partnerships that the BBIC has with specialist business coaches, support agencies such as Enterprising Barnsley, and from the business support services in the two city regions that Barnsley is part of.
In addition we would expect the business to register with a relevant high growth programme (for which the BBIC would pay on successful completion), and the sponsored business would also benefit from free membership of the Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber of Commerce during their first twelve months at the BBIC.
Part of the support package would focus on assisting with securing adequate funding for the sponsored business, and with the obvious agreement of both the Sponsor and the sponsored business, we would encourage Sponsors to invest money in the businesses that they were supporting if they so wished.
It would be expected that the sponsored business remain in Barnsley beyond the initial twelve month sponsorship period.
Benefits of Individual Business Sponsorship
- Details of all suitable applicants who apply for sponsorship consideration;
- Invitation to all Sponsorship Presentation events;
- Potential investment opportunities in early stage businesses;
- Name on the Sponsors’ Plaque in reception at both the Wilthorpe & Cudworth sites;
- Press release on sponsored business outlining sponsor support;
- Write up in the Sponsor's section within the BBIC website with links to Sponsor’s own websites;
- Marketing material in stands in the two main receptions areas and in the Genesis suite at the BBIC (if required);
- Inclusion of a marketing leaflet in the new tenant starter pack (if required);
- 25% discount on meeting room hire at the BBIC;
- Sponsors’ Newsletter providing updates on sponsored tenants within the BBIC
Make an enquiry about office space
If you have a question or just want some more information on what we can offer, please get in touch with us using any of the following methods:
- Call us on 01226 249590
- Drop us an email on email@example.com